2009. január 1., csütörtök

My new crush... The TomTom Go940 Live

Enter the new product range: TomTom GO Live 540, 740, 940.


I have been eying it for ages (...haha, it was introduced a mere few weeks ago). I have read all there is to know about it, seen all the pictures (I think it’s beautiful) and daydream about what it would look like grinning on the dashboard of the Ancient Hardware (a Lada 2107) but all I can really visualise is myself grinning like the Chesire Cat.:))


As you have also noticed already, TomTom is top-notch when it comes to innovation. The idea they have come up now is that the navigation unit can be instructed to download some information from the internet, including:

- Traffic info
- Speed camera locations
- Weather data
- Fuel prices
- Google information

According to the web-based info these are options only that can be used subject to subscription. The unit itself is some 50 quid more expensive than its predecessor, which is, however, partly attributable to the hardware upgrade.

Well, the new looks are dashing. I immediately coined a new alias for the 940 Live: the “New” Black Duke (the “old” being the Qtek S200).

And now let’s see some of the features that make this new device worth reading about:

– Maps of Europe, USA, and Canada
– LIVE Service (available in supported countries only)
– 4 GB (!) of internal flash memory
– Bluetooth hands-free calling
– EPT
– Advanced lane guidance
– FM transmitter
– Text-To-Speech
– Voice command and control
– Image viewer
– MP3 player

Now that I am faced with this list of features again I feel I will need to lay my pennies aside... This is not a crush anymore but a strong desire and I simply must have it (...maybe I could settle for a TomTom GO 740). Anyway, we shall see what we shall see.:))

To be continued...
Happy New Year!!



Translated by Zsolt Káldos.
 
Kattintson ide