2008. december 28., vasárnap

TomTom HD Traffic Live

What a cool idea. When I wake up in the morning I look up at the foggy London sky. Big Ben has just chimed 6 o’clock. It’s raining again... I switch on my computer. Today I do the afternoon shift. I sip my nice hot morning tea and catch up on the news.
As always, I also click on my usual TomTom site. Not bad... I can see the traffic info for the Greater London area.
If I had the morning shift today I would be stuck in the traffic jam on Charing Cross Rd. I think it’s about time to switch to a bicycle – if only it wasn’t that cold outside. No way. I opt for my car and the traffic jam again but I check TomTom’s HD Traffic Live before I leave. In the afternoon we are discussing Hungary again in the office. Rumour has it that GPS navigation devices sell like hot potato there – but TomTom is far from being the market leader...
Well, after the brainstorming we had at night I already know how to catapult the company to the TOP3. ))



Er... let’s get back to reality... Arrrgh! It’s cold outside, magic London is 1450 km away and there is no sign of TomTom’s HD Traffic system here in Hungary, just the “top to toe in tailbacks”... Off we go, get in the car, install Tommy, connect the TMC receiver and take the plunge into the Budapest traffic. Wish me luck.
Translated by Zsolt Káldos.
 
Kattintson ide